So much changed in 2016 and a lot of if was not what I had expected. I ran less this year than I ever have since I started running in 2010, focused on myself less than ever, traveled to no new-to-me places, spent more money than I earned for the first time in my adult life, and didn’t really accomplish much. I was definitely in a rut. While I believe that everything happens for a reason and that I needed this year to be aimless and blank, it has been so much more than that. The personal choices I made for myself affected my relationships and some people I’ll probably never talk to or see again. While it is sad to lose friendships it’s for the best because most of them were toxic and fake. Moving forward into 2017 I’m excited for what it will bring. I plan on making a big move to a new place. I want to travel more, run more, focus on myself, try new foods and spend less money. I started to run more in December and finished the Timefighter challenge for this month. 2017 is already off to a good start!
My goals so far for 2017 are:
- run 1000 kilometres (this will be more than double what I ran in 2016)
- do a Jillian Michaels workout 2x a week
- do 1 strength workout each week (aiming for 30 minutes)
- 1 new blog post each week (this will be a record for me!)
- foam roll more often; at least 1x week
- spend less money on stuff and more on experiences and adventures
- travel more
- drink more water
What are your goals for 2017?
Any great water bottle recommendations?
What sort of at home strength training do you do? I need ideas!